Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The Booted Eagle



Walking to the lake Vegoritis,on 6th January ,I first saw four Crested Larks. Approaching the lake a group of Goldfinches were flying over my head.
Through my binoculars I started to watch a Grey Heron. In the winter there are not so many living here. In my last entry I called it the lonely Heron. This time it was also alone. I don’t know if it was the same.
I moved my binoculars to the right expecting to see the Snipes again.
What a surprise! There was he! A Booted Eagle having his lunch. He was eating a Moorhen .That was the first time I saw a Booted Eagle. He looked great!
The complete list:
Grey Heron
Crested Lark
Booted Eagle
Moorhen
Common Tern
Collared Dove
Kingfisher
Pied Wagtail
Grey Wagtail
Robin
Blackbird
Geat Tit
Chaffinch
Goldfinch
Magpie
Crow
Little Grebe
Posted by Picasa
Related Posts with Thumbnails