Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Kingfisher in Vegoritis



A sunny day of December, I visited the Vegoritis.
This lake is found in the prefecture of Florina in the municipality Amyntaiou. From Thessalonica it abstains roughly 125 km with the car. Here can arrive someone with the train , but also with the KTEL Florina. Saturday of 24 December I reached at the lake. Began my tour from the village Agios Panteleimon. Even if it was a little bit cold the day was amazing. The first birds that I could view were the coots that diving in the water searching for food. I had the chance to watch closely a lot of kingfishers. With the shoot however I did not stand and so much lucky. Other birds that I met at this visit: goldfinch, magpie, jackdaw, crow, snipe and a lonely Gray Heron.Posted by Picasa
Related Posts with Thumbnails